WInter Wonderland

WInter Wonderland
1930's Dump Truck with Plow

Friday, February 18, 2011

This is "HOT" for wing plow users

Truck & Trailer Specialties has installed the very first parallelogram wing plow mount in the state of Michigan, and most likely the whole U.S., on truck equipped with underbody scraper.  This, my friends, is the future of wing plows.  It will eliminate driving the "toe" of the wing into potholes, raised pavement, etc.; instead, the wing will just "ride up over it".  This set up will greatly reduce wing plow damage thus reducing costs and manpower requirements.  The plan is to offer a retrofit package.  You better get your order in before next winter................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed your blog. Great photo of the 1930s truck. Simpler times. I was hauling a load over a Montana pass years ago in a semi when I hit snow and my speed got lower and lower and thought I was going to spin out, when a plow truck with sander swung in ahead of me and dropped enough sand to keep me going all the way to the top. It sure was like the good guys coming to the rescue.---Sage