WInter Wonderland

WInter Wonderland
1930's Dump Truck with Plow

Sunday, February 20, 2011

One of us.........please read this

There was a serious accident involving workers with Michigan Department of Transportation while patching potholes in Kalamazoo a week ago.  They were hit by a motorist.  One worker was treated and released while the other is still in intensive care at Borgess Hospital with serious head injuries.  This gentleman is Bob Kamp, 50, of Allegan, Michigan, and he is a newly hired MDOT temporary status employee.  His wife is Cyndi Kamp, Robin and I had the honor of meeting her yesterday.  She is a very nice lady and is on leave from her job so she can remain with her husband.  The whole event makes me "sick to my stomach" when I realize the danger of working on the road and the "close calls" I and my co-workers encountered while performing our job duties.  But, for the grace of God or pure luck, any one of us could have met the same fate.  Bob is "one of us" and when "one of us" is suffering, we all suffer.  I am asking, on behalf of Bob and Cyndi, that you join Robin and I in offering support, whether it be prayers, cards, financial help (I am sure they could use it), whatever you can offer.  I will find contact iformation and post it later today.  Cyndi is posting information on Bob, on Borgess blog I believe, and I will post that information also.  Please keep yourself safe and watch out for your comrades.

No comments: